Experience the smooth and velvety goodness of our signature vanilla bean frappuccino. A delightful blend of flavors that will cool you off and satisfy your sweet tooth.
Originating from Starbucks, this beloved concoction has captured the hearts of coffee shop enthusiasts. Its refreshing blend of smooth vanilla flavoring and icy perfection is the ultimate treat for scorching summer days
The secret behind this delectable frappe lies in its use of premium ingredients, including luscious vanilla bean ice cream and aromatic vanilla extract. It's an indulgent alternative to an iced Americano with its thick velvety texture and sweet creamy flavor.
Whether you're craving a pick-me-up or simply seeking a delightful indulgence, our copycat Starbucks vanilla bean frappuccino recipe is easy to make for instant satisfaction. You don't even need to wait in line or leave the house.
Reasons to Love
- Customize to your liking. By making it at home, you can adjust the sweetness, creaminess, and intensity of the vanilla flavor. You can also experiment with different types of milk or dairy alternatives, such as almond or oat milk.
- Save money. With just a few simple ingredients like ice, milk, sugar (or sweetener), and vanilla flavoring, you can create a delicious frappuccino at a fraction of the price charged by popular coffee chains.
Keep these simple ingredients on hand so you can make your Starbucks copycat vanilla frappuccino whenever a craving hits.
- vanilla ice cream, preferably vanilla bean
- vanilla extract
- whipped cream, optional
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
This copycat recipe is so easy to make at home. Just follow these easy step-by-step directions.
Add ice to blender or food processor.
Pour in milk.
Add vanilla ice cream.
Pour in vanilla extract.
Add sugar, then pulse to combine ingredients until smooth.
Pour into a tall glass.
Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Hint: When only making a single serving of the vanilla bean frappe, a small smoothie blender works better than a full-size blender. You can also use a small food processor.
Want to change up this vanilla milkshake recipe? Here are a few modifications you can try:
- Chocolate: You can either use chocolate syrup or melt some chocolate chips and mix it into your blended drink. The rich and indulgent taste of chocolate will complement the creamy vanilla perfectly, giving you a more decadent treat. You can also add a shot of espresso for a mocha frappuccino.
- Caramel: Adding caramel sauce to your vanilla bean frappuccino will give it a delightful buttery and slightly sweet flavor. You can either swirl the caramel sauce into the drink or simply drizzle it on top as a garnish. If you want an even stronger caramel taste, consider using caramel-flavored syrup instead.
- Cinnamon: Sprinkle some ground cinnamon into the blender along with the other ingredients before blending everything together. Not only will this add a lovely spice note to your drink, but it will also create a fragrant aroma that enhances the overall experience. If desired, you can sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top as well for visual appeal.
- Coconut: Turn this homemade vanilla bean frappuccino into a coconut milkshake. Just use coconut ice cream instead of vanilla or add in dried coconut flakes.
- Use milk alternatives. Swap out regular milk for almond or coconut milk to reduce the carb content.
- Cut down the sugar. Opt for sugar-free ice cream and natural sweeteners like stevia instead of sugar. You can also use no-sugar whipped cream or sugar-free chocolate shavings as guilt-free garnishes.
- Add fruity flavors. Strawberries and bananas are perfect additions. Or, try tropical fruits such as mango or pineapple for a refreshing summer treat.
- Take it up a notch. Toss in a shot of espresso for an extra kick. Or, create an adult version by adding a splash of flavored liqueur like Irish cream or hazelnut.
You can even add protein powder and freeze it into molds to make protein popsicles.
- Adjust the amount of ice: Depending on how thick you prefer your drink to be, you can easily customize it by adding more or less ice. Want a thicker frappuccino? Add extra ice cubes. Prefer a lighter texture? Reduce the amount of ice.
- Blend in short bursts: Instead of continuously blending, try pulsing the blender in short bursts. This technique gives you better control over the texture and helps prevent over-blending, resulting in a smoother and creamier frappuccino.
Enjoy your frappuccinos with a slice of cake, cookies, or even a buttery croissant. The creamy sweetness of the vanilla bean frappuccino complements the rich flavors of desserts perfectly.
Experiment with savory options like cheese and crackers for an interesting contrast. The salty notes from the cheese will provide a delightful balance to the sweet and creamy frappuccino.
If you have made a large batch of vanilla bean frappuccino and want to save some for later use, consider freezing it. Pour the frappuccino into ice cube trays and freeze until solid.
Once frozen, transfer the frappuccino cubes into a freezer-safe bag or container. This way, you can easily take out individual cubes whenever you crave a refreshing vanilla bean treat. Just let them thaw slightly before blending or enjoying as they are!
Want to save money by making popular drinks at home? Check out these recipes too.
- Copycat Sonic cherry limeade is a delicious blend of sweet and tangy flavors.
- Iced Americano is so easy to make at home.
- Shirley Temple drink is a classic mocktail for both kids and adults.
- Cold brew coffee is so simple to make yourself.
- Pineapple banana smoothie whips up in no time with frozen fruit.
Starbuck’s Vanilla Bean Frappuccino
- ½ cup Ice
- ¾ cup Milk
- ¾ cup Vanilla bean ice cream
- ¼ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon Sugar
- Whipped cream optional
- Add the ice, milk, ice cream, vanilla and sugar to a food processor or blender, and pulse until smooth.
- Serve garnished with whipped cream if desired.