A delicious and healthy smoothie made with fresh fruit and yogurt. This pineapple banana smoothie is perfect for breakfast or a snack!
A pineapple banana smoothie is a delicious and refreshing drink that is perfect for summer. This recipe is quick and easy to make, and it only requires a few simple ingredients.
This delicious smoothie can be enjoyed for breakfast or a snack! The pineapple and banana are a great combination of sweet and tangy, and the yogurt adds creaminess and protein.
The recipe is made with only four ingredients, plus ice.
- Greek vanilla yogurt
- Whole milk
- Frozen bananas
- Frozen pineapples
See recipe card for quantities.
To make a pineapple banana smoothie, simply blend all ingredients in a blender until smooth. If you like, you can add a little honey or lemon juice for sweetness and flavor. Enjoy!
Add all the ingredients to a blender container.
Blend until smooth.
Divide mixture between two serving glasses and enjoy!
Pineapple banana smoothies are a refreshing and easy-to-make treat. Here are a few tips for mixing up this classic flavor combination.
- For a lighter version, use coconut water or unsweetened almond milk.
- Add a handful of spinach or kale for an extra nutritional boost. The green color will be camouflaged by the yellow of the pineapple and banana. It will be a great alternative to a strawberry spinach smoothie!
- Mix it up with different fruits! Try adding mango, papaya, or strawberries to the mix for different flavors and textures.
- Use ripe fruit that you freeze yourself for the best flavor. If your bananas are on the brown side, they will add a touch of sweetness to the smoothie.
- Add a little bit of pineapple juice to the blender for extra sweetness and Tang.
- Add some acidity. A little bit of lemon or lime juice will help to brighten up the flavors of the pineapple and banana.
- Use fresh or frozen fruit. If you're using fresh fruit, add more ice to the blender to help create a thick, creamy texture.
Sipping your smoothie with a straw is how you'll likely enjoy the beverage. But you can change things up and serve it in different ways.
A smoothie bowl is great when you have more time for breakfast. Just dump a serving into a bowl and top with fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, and or seeds.
It is also tasty with an english muffin breakfast casserole!
You can store your leftover smoothie in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Just make sure to put it in an airtight container so it doesn't go bad.
You can also freeze your smoothie for up to 3 months. Just pour it into an ice cube tray and then transfer the frozen cubes to a freezer bag.
Yes, both pineapple and banana are good for you. They are both packed with nutrients and antioxidants that can help boost your immune system and protect your body against disease.
Other tropical fruits such as banana, mango, kiwi, and papaya go well with pineapple.
Yes, you can add milk to banana and pineapple smoothie. The milk will add a creamy texture and flavor to the smoothie.
There are approximately 200-400 calories in a banana pineapple smoothie. This number will vary depending on the ingredients used and the size of the smoothie.
This recipe is a great drink for two that can be combined with a savory dish and dessert for a meal. We suggest adding the following.
Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- ½ cup frozen banana slices
- ½ cup greek vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- Ice cubes optional
- Add all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a tall glass and sip with a straw.
Leave a Reply