When it comes to vegan desserts, it's often hard to find ones that are both delicious and health-conscious. But this healthy single serve cookie recipe is the perfect treat for anyone looking for a healthier alternative to the traditional cookie.
If you're following a vegan lifestyle, you are going to love this easy cookie for one! It's made with just a few ingredients and can be made in about fifteen minutes.
This cookie is not only vegan, but also gluten-free too. And best of all, it's just as easy to make as any other cookie recipe!
So whether you're looking for a vegan dessert option or simply want a healthier cookie recipe, give this recipe a try. You won't be disappointed!
You only need a handful of ingredients to make the recipe. You may even have everything you need right in your pantry.
- Almond flour is a great alternative to wheat and is a good choice for those who are gluten sensitive.
- Almond butter contains natural oil so there's no need to add any fat.
- Vegan honey is bee free! But if you can't find it, you can use pure maple syrup instead.
- Vanilla extract enhances the sweet flavor.
- Baking soda helps the almond flour and butter bake up lighter.
See recipe card for quantities.
It shouldn't take more than five minutes or so to prepare the cookie dough. Then you just bake it until browned and let it cool slightly before serving. That's it!
In a small bowl, add all ingredients except chocolate chips.
Whisk together the ingredients with a fork until combined then fold in chocolate chips.
Transfer mixture to lined baking sheet and form into a cookie shape with fork.
Bake for 6 to 8 minutes or until the outside has browned to the desired doneness.
Nut-Free: If you want to make the cookie for someone who is sensitive to nuts, simply replace the almond butter with sunflower seed butter and use finely ground sunflower seeds in place of the almond butter.
Plain: There's no need to add the chocolate chips if you don't want to. The cookie tastes good without them.
Kid friendly - add crushed potato chips (ketchup chips!)
There are a few extra tips you can follow to make perfect cookies.
- Make sure all of your ingredients are at room temperature before beginning to bake. Room temperature ingredients mix together more easily and produce a more consistent batter.
- Be precise with your measuring. Baking is a science, so making sure you have the correct measurements of each ingredient is crucial in the final outcome of your cookies.
- Don’t overmix! Overmixing the batter will produce tough cookies. Mix just until all the ingredients are combined – no more, no less.
Following these simple tips will help you create perfect cookies every time.
The best way to serve this healthy single serve cookie is with a glass of almond milk to keep everything vegan. But you can serve it with any kind of drink you like.
For a more decadent treat, you serve it a la mode with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top, a drizzle of chocolate syrup, and whipped cream. So delicious!
You can even pair it with Gigi Hadid Pasta for a tasty vegan lunch that includes dessert.
There shouldn't be any leftovers since this is a single serving cookie. But, you may want want to make it ahead and enjoy it later.
The cookie will keep for 4 days or more in an airtight container at room temperature. For longer storage, keep it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or the freeze for up to a year.
There are a few different ways to make a cookie for one. Use a single serving amount of dough and cook it in the microwave or toaster oven.
The classic chocolate chip cookies are always a hit. Another good option is a sugar cookie. Or, make a big oatmeal cookie for a healthy option that is still delicious.
Store your cookie in an airtight container for up to 4 days at room temperature, up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator, or up to a year in the freezer.
You may want to try these desserts for one too!
Healthy Single Serve Cookie (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 177°C. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients except chocolate chips (if using) to a small bowl. Mix with a fork until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Transfer mixture to lined baking sheet and form into a cookie shape with fork.
- Bake for 7 to 10 minutes or until the outside has browned to the desired doneness. Additional baking time will be needed if ingredients were not at room temperature. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.