If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy way to start your day, a strawberry spinach smoothie is a perfect choice! The sweet taste of strawberries mixed with the earthy flavor of spinach creates a unique combination that satisfies.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you the latest recipes and tips every week!
Healthy smoothie recipes are a great way to start your day. Nothing beats a delicious combination of fruit and yogurt that you can sip on during your morning commute. Our pineapple banana smoothie is one great option.
If you want to up the nutrition, go for a fruit and vegetable combination like this delectable spinach smoothie with strawberries. Not only is it yummy, but it also has health benefits.
Strawberries are loaded with Vitamin C and antioxidants, while spinach provides essential nutrients such as fiber and Vitamin K. Greek yogurt adds protein that helps keep you feeling fuller longer.
This smoothie is sure to leave you feeling energized and refreshed. It's also incredibly easy to make - just combine a few simple ingredients in your blender and it's ready in minutes.
So why not give this delicious strawberry spinach smoothie a try?
All you need to make the recipe is five simple ingredients plus ice.
- Frozen strawberries add sweetness and texture. If you only have fresh strawberries, you can freeze them first or add more ice.
- Baby spinach adds volume and fiber. Fresh raw spinach is preferred but frozen spinach can be used if that's all you have. Don't worry, you shouldn't taste spinach in your smoothie.
- Greek yogurt contributes protein to the mix while helping blend it all together seamlessly.
- Unsweetened almond milk is a great plant-based alternative to dairy milks for those who are lactose intolerant or vegan diets.
- Honey brings out the natural flavor of the other ingredients without overpowering them. Agave or maple syrup is a great vegan substitute.
- Ice is an important ingredient in smoothies because it helps to create a thick, creamy texture. It also cools the drink down and makes it more refreshing.
Scroll down to the recipe card for the amounts used.
This spinach smoothie is easy to make and comes together in no time. Blend all ingredients until smooth, and add more almond milk if needed to thin it out.
Add ice, spinach, and frozen strawberries to blender container.
Add Greek yogurt.
Pour in almond milk.
Pour in honey or other sweetener.
After all the ingredients have been added to the blender, pulse until smooth. If the mixture is too thick, additional almond milk can be added until you reach your desired consistency.
Here are some tips to help you switch things up and make your strawberry spinach smoothie healthier. You can add chia seeds or ground flaxseed to give it an extra boost of protein and fiber.
You can also combine different fruits together like orange slices and raspberries, blueberries and blackberries, or apples and pears. Or, try making a cucumber juice recipe to blend in.
- For an extra boost of flavor, add some frozen banana slices to the blender before blending all the ingredients together. The banana will add natural sweetness and texture to the strawberry banana spinach smoothie without adding any extra sugar.
- To make it even more special, sprinkle some chia seeds or hemp hearts on top for added nutrition—plus they look great too!
- Add a pinch of ground cinnamon for a little spice.
- Blend using the pulse. Pulsing your blender is important when making a smoothie because it helps to break down the ingredients into small pieces. This makes it easier for the blades to blend everything together, resulting in a smooth and even consistency.
A strawberry spinach smoothie is a delicious and nutritious snack that you can enjoy anytime. It's also a healthy breakfast option that's perfect for busy mornings.
You can also serve the smoothie with a variety of accompaniments such as granola, nuts, seeds, nut butter, yogurt, fruit salad, oatmeal, and toast. Or, top it off with fresh herbs for a unique flavor.
To store a leftover smoothie, pour it into an airtight container and place it in the refrigerator. Make sure to drink it within 1-2 days for optimal freshness. If you'd like to save the smoothie for longer, you can also freeze it in an ice cube tray or freezer-safe container.
Yes, strawberries and spinach can make a delicious combination. The sweetness of the strawberries complements the earthy flavor of the spinach.
Yes, you can put uncooked spinach in a smoothie. Just make sure to wash it thoroughly and chop it into small pieces before adding it to the blender.
Spinach is full of vitamins and minerals, so adding it to your smoothie is a great way to get an extra nutritional boost!
Yes, spinach and fruit smoothies can be a great way to get your daily servings of fruits and vegetables. They are packed with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants that help support a healthy lifestyle.
Here are a few more quick and easy drink recipes.
Strawberry Spinach Smoothie
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- ½ cup Fresh raw spinach
- 1 cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- ½ cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Ice as needed
- Place the ingredients into a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth.
- If you used too much ice and the mixture is too thick, additional almond milk can be added until you reach your desired consistency.
- Pulsing your blender is important when making a smoothie because it helps to break down the ingredients into small pieces. This makes it easier for the blades to blend everything together, resulting in a smooth and even consistency.