Perfect for busy mornings or relaxing weekend brunches, this mini frittatas recipe creates convenient single-serving dishes. The best part? It's made with five simple ingredients you likely already have in your kitchen!
Individual frittatas are delicious, savory single-serving breakfasts you can easily prepare in minutes. This recipe combines the flavors of ham, broccoli, and cheddar cheese to create an unforgettable dish.
Eggs, ham, and broccoli are the main ingredients in the recipe. The combination of these ingredients creates a hearty meal for one that can be enjoyed either hot or cold.
With its creamy texture from the eggs and its salty flavor from the ham, mini frittatas are sure to be a hit with even the pickiest eaters.
You only need eggs, milk, ham, broccoli, and cheese to make this simple egg dish. Instead of making a large one-pan frittata to feed the whole family, the smaller individual size offers the convenience of portion-controlled servings.
See recipe card further down for the quantities used.
These mini frittatas require only basic cooking skills and minimal prep time. To start, preheat the oven and lightly grease two ramekins.
Whisk together the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
Divide the ham and broccoli between the ramekins.
Pour egg mixture over the ham and broccoli.
Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
Place the ramekins on an oven rack or use a baking sheet to catch any overflow. Bake until centers have set. Cool slightly before serving.
Not only are these mini frittatas easy to make but they’re also incredibly versatile. Feel free to add any of these other ingredients for even more flavor!
- Diced green bell pepper and onion will give an extra kick.
- Cooked vegetables like carrots, asparagus, or zucchini are great alternatives to broccoli.
- Crumbled bacon will add saltiness and crunch.
- Green onion or fresh chives work well for garnish.
- Try changing the cheese to feta cheese, mozzarella cheese, or parmesan cheese.
- Use egg whites in place of some of the whole eggs.
You can also make smaller egg muffins by pouring the egg mixture into a prepared muffin tin. We like to use a mini muffin pan for an egg bites recipe.
Here are some tips to help you whip up a tasty batch of this mini egg frittata ramekin recipe with ham and broccoli any time of day!
- Grease the ramekins with cooking spray or butter so the mini frittatas don't stick.
- Prepare all your ingredients before you begin cooking. Make sure to cook the ham and broccoli separately beforehand. You can even try using flavored meat like honey mustard ham.
- Make a double or triple batch in muffin cups and freeze for up to 3 months, individually wrapped for quick bites later.
Mini frittatas with ham and broccoli can be served with a side salad or roasted vegetables. You could also pair it with some crusty bread, a light soup, or even mashed potatoes. For a more substantial meal, you could add some grilled chicken or fish.
Store mini ham and broccoli frittata in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep for up to four days. To reheat, place a single frittata on a plate and microwave for 30-45 seconds. Enjoy!
Yes, you can put a variety of ingredients in a frittata. Common items include vegetables, cheese, and meats. You can also add herbs and spices to customize the flavor. The possibilities are endless when it comes to making a delicious frittata!
Yes, you can freeze individual frittatas. The best way to do this is to let the frittata cool completely before wrapping it in plastic wrap or foil and placing it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When you're ready to eat it, thaw the frittata in the refrigerator overnight and then reheat it in the oven or microwave.
They can be reheated in the oven or microwave. To reheat in the oven, preheat to 350°F and place frittata on a baking sheet. Heat for 15-20 minutes or until it's warmed through. To reheat in the microwave, place one frittata on a plate and heat for 30 seconds at a time, flipping halfway through, until it's heated through.
Need a few more tasty breakfast ideas for one or two? Check out some of our other recipes.
- Mug cake pancake is an easy single-serving morning treat.
- Pineapple banana smoothie is great for eating on the go.
- Single-Serve Waffle makes just one Belgium size waffle.
Mini Frittatas with Ham and Broccoli
- 4 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk or almond milk
- 4 ounces ham diced
- ¾ cup broccoli florets fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup grated cheddar
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease two 8-ounce (4-inch) ramekins.
- Whisk the eggs and milk in a small bowl.
- Divide the ham and broccoli between the ramekins. Pour the eggs over the ham and broccoli. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Place the ramekins directly on an oven rack or use a baking sheet to catch any overflow. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until centers have set. Allow to cool for slightly before serving.