Want the perfect drink for quenching your thirst on a hot summer day? This easy strawberry lemonade recipe combines the sweet taste of strawberries with the tanginess of lemon.
This summer drink is perfect for quenching your thirst and satisfying your sweet tooth. The blend of sweet and sour flavors is sure to please.
The sweetness comes from fresh strawberries, while the sourness comes from the lemon juice added to the drink. This fruity combination creates a unique taste that is hard to resist.
Reasons to Love
- The perfect blend of sweet and sour flavors. This combination of flavors creates a unique taste that is hard to resist.
- Strawberry lemonade is an ideal summer beverage. It's fruity, tangy, and perfectly chilled, making it ideal for hot days.
- The recipe is easy to make. All you need to do is blend simple ingredients.
- It's refreshing and tastes delicious. It's made with fresh ingredients full of flavor.
To make strawberry lemonade, you'll need a few simple ingredients that are easy to find at any grocery store.
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- sugar or sweetener of choice
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
This homemade strawberry lemonade is quick and easy to make. Strawberries are pureed with lemon juice, water and sugar in a high speed blender or food processor.
Add strawberries, water, lemon juice and sugar to a high-speed blender.
Blend the ingredients on medium-high speed until a smooth and well-combined mixture is achieved.
If desired, you can pour the mixture through a fine mesh strainer into a large pitcher. But it's not necessary as the strawberry puree enhances the flavor. The drink is best served chilled or over ice.
There are countless ways to change up this simple beverage. Here are a few ideas you can try.
- Add fresh mint leaves. The mint will give your drink a refreshing twist, perfect for hot summer days.
- Use sparkling water. It will add fizz for those who like a bubbly texture.
- Experiment with different types of sweeteners. There are plenty of sugar alternatives that can add unique flavor to your drink like honey or agave syrup.
- Turn it into a frozen slushie. Blend ice with the strawberry lemonade mixture for a cool treat on hot days. You can also use frozen strawberries.
- Make an adult version. Add a splash of liqueur to the mix, like vodka or tequila. This transforms the drink into an adult version perfect for parties or gatherings.
Keep these things in mind when making the homemade strawberry lemonade recipe.
- Use ripe strawberries. Fresh sweet strawberries is key to having the perfect balance of sweet and tart in homemade strawberry lemonade.
- Adjust sweetness and tartness to taste. To achieve your desired taste, add more sugar or lemon juice accordingly. Keep tasting as you go until you find the perfect balance for you.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice. The fresh juice from lemons adds more flavor than store-bought lemon juice in a bottle.
- Garnish with fresh fruit. Adding a cut strawberry or lemon slice on the rim of the glass adds color and extra flavor.
- Serve cold. Serve your homemade creation chilled or over ice for maximum refreshment.
The best way to store this pink lemonade is in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It will last for up to five days.
If you want to keep your drink longer, you can freeze it. Freeze it in ice cube trays or freezer-safe containers and use it as needed.
Looking for more drink recipes? Here are a few more you can try.
- Coconut shake is an excellent treat to enjoy on a hot day.
- Blackberry tea can be served warm or over ice.
- Banana pineapple smoothie is a refreshing tropical treat.
- Bailey's espresso martini is creamy and smooth.
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- 3 cups water
- 5 medium lemons juiced
- ¼ cup sugar or sweetener. Adjust to taste
- Add strawberries, water, lemon juice and sugar to a high-speed blender, starting with the least amount of sweetener or sugar.
- Blend the ingredients on medium-high speed until a smooth and well-combined mixture is achieved.
- Taste the lemonade and adjust the flavors as needed. If you desire more sweetness, add additional sugar/sweetener. If you want a more tart flavor, incorporate more lemon juice. For a stronger strawberry taste, add extra strawberries.
- If desired, you can strain the liquid. Serve as is or over ice.