It only takes a few minutes to make these creamy and delicious 2-ingredient cookies and cream mousse desserts! The classic flavor combination will delight both kids and adults alike.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you the latest recipes and tips every week!
Are you in the mood for a sweet, creamy dessert? Try this two-ingredient mousse! It's made with Oreo cookies and Cool Whip, so it's super easy to make. This delicious treat only takes five minutes to prepare and is sure to be a hit with both kids and adults alike.
This simple recipe makes enough for four servings, but it can easily be doubled or tripled if needed. The mousse is light and airy with just the right amount of sweetness from the Oreo cookies. To top it off, you can even add sprinkles or nuts for an extra burst of flavor.
Whether you're looking for something special to serve at parties or want a tasty treat after dinner, this quick mousse will do the trick.
This sweet and creamy dessert takes only minutes to make. You can have delicious cookies and cream mousse with just two ingredients in no time.
All you need is some Cool Whip and chocolate sandwich cookies.
To make this mousse, simply begin by crushing the Oreo cookies until they are reduced to fine crumbs. Then, mix together the thawed whipped topping with the cookie crumbs until all of the ingredients are well blended together.
Process the cookies in a small food processor until they are finely ground.
Place the thawed Cool whip into a large mixing bowl.
Add the chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs to the bowl.
Fold the crumbs into the Cool Whip.
Serve this light and fluffy mousse in individual cups or glasses, topped with extra cookie crumbles for garnish if desired.
There are lots of ways to put your own spin on this simple mousse.
You could add cocoa powder or marshmallow fluff to give an extra layer of flavor while keeping that signature fluffy texture. If you’re looking for an even more decadent treat, try mixing dark chocolate chips or mini marshmallows to take it over the top!
A more adventurous option is to use a different flavor of sandwich cookies. Try using mint, lemon, or peanut butter to create something unique.
Here are some helpful tips for achieving perfect results with this delightful cookies and cream mousse.
- Choose high-quality ingredients for the best flavor. Use the original Oreo sandwich cookies and try a healthier frozen topping like Truwhip or Coco-whip.
- Make homemade whipped cream. The Cool Whip can be replaced with whipped heavy cream sweetened with powdered sugar. Just whip up the cream in a chilled bowl with an electric mixer until it reaches stiff peaks. Then fold in powdered sugar.
- Add cream cheese. You can beat a couple ounces of softened cream cheese in before folding in the cookie crumbs. It will add richness and a slightly tangy taste.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it an excellent choice for beginner cooks or those short on time. Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or just looking for an indulgent treat, here are some suggestions on serving cookies and cream mousse.
Serve in individual glasses with a whole sandwich cookie pressed into the top. You can dress it up more with fresh fruit, chocolate shavings, or crushed cookies if you want.
For a pretty presentation, layer in different colored fruits. A mixture of blueberries, raspberries, and strawberries works well.
You can store the mousse in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. To keep it extra fresh, press a plastic wrap against the top of the mousse before you seal it.
Yes, you can use whipped cream instead. However, it will not have the same texture or flavor. Whipped cream is made with heavy cream and sugar, while frozen whipped topping usually contains corn syrup and hydrogenated oil. If you choose to use whipped cream, be sure to sweeten it to taste and chill it before using. You may also want to stabilize it by adding gelatin or cornstarch.
Cookies and cream mousse can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days. Make sure to store it in an airtight container and consume it within that time frame for the best flavor and texture.
The best way to make Oreo cookie crumbs is by placing the Oreos in a food processor or blender and pulsing them until they become crumbs. If you don't have a food processor or blender, you can also place the Oreos in a sealed plastic bag and use a rolling pin to crush them into crumbs.
If you love individual small-batch desserts, check out these recipes too.
- Cake in a mug with cake mix is made with only three simple ingredients!
- Peach cobbler for one makes a single serving, so there are no leftovers.
- Chocolate chip mug cake tastes like a warm fresh baked cookie.
Cookies and Cream Mousse
- 8 Oreos or chocolate sandwich cookies
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (thawed) or other frozen whipped topping
- 8 Oreos to a food processor or blender and process into fine crumbs.
- Add thawed cool whip to a medium mixing bowl and fold in cookie crumbs. Divide between 4 dessert dishes.