Enjoy the ultimate combination of convenience and taste with our turkey roll ups. The recipe is quick, delicious, and makes an easy lunch recipe or simple snack idea.
Whether you're planning a quick lunch, a satisfying dinner, or need a snack on the go, these turkey bites have you covered. They're incredibly easy to make, making them the perfect option for those busy days when time is of the essence. Plus, they offer a healthy alternative that incorporates lean protein into your diet.
One of the best things is the versatility of the sandwich recipe. You can customize it to suit your preferences by changing the fillings. It is also an excellent way to use leftover turkey from previous meals.
So why not give these turkey roll ups a try? They're quick, convenient, and packed with flavor for a satisfying snack or meal!
Reasons to Love
- Low in calories and fat. It's a healthier option compared to other sandwich options. You can even use low-fat cheese.
- Customizable fillings and flavors. The possibilities are endless, whether you prefer classic combinations like tomato and cheese or more adventurous options like avocado and bacon.
- Portable and convenient. Whether planning a picnic, packing a school lunch for your kids, or needing a quick meal at the office, this easy recipe is great for simple meal prep.
- A satisfying combination of textures. From the tender slices of turkey to the crispness of fresh vegetables, each bite offers a satisfying crunch and savory flavors.
This recipe combines the rich flavors of turkey slices and cheese with the creamy texture of cream cheese, creating a flavor explosion in every bite. There's also added freshness from the crisp lettuce and juicy tomato!
Here's the full list of ingredients you'll need to make easy turkey roll ups:
- flour tortillas (8 or 10-inch)
- turkey deli meat
- Swiss cheese
- cream cheese
- fresh chives
- onion powder
- garlic powder
- romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
Once you've gathered all the ingredients and a small bowl, it's time to make this recipe. You'll start by making the homemade cream cheese spread.
Place softened cream cheese in mixing bowl and add chopped chives.
Add in the onion powder.
Add the garlic powder. Blend seasonings into the cream cheese until well combined.
Spread the cream cheese mixture onto one side of the tortillas.
Add romaine leaves.
Top romaine with slices of tomato.
Place cheese slices over tomato.
Top cheese slices with turkey slices.
Roll tightly to secure the fillings inside the tortillas.
Wrap the roll in tin foil and refrigerate for 1 hour. Slice the tortilla into ½ inch thick pinwheels and serve.
I like to use low-carb tortillas or large lettuce leaves to make turkey roll ups. This helps lower carbs and calories. You can also opt for gluten-free wraps.
Hint: Using the cream cheese spread on the tortilla before adding the filling enhances the flavor and helps the pinwheels stick together when rolled.
Experiment with different condiments and fillings to find your favorite combination in your tortilla roll ups. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Mediterranean - Combine tzatziki sauce, feta cheese, and olives for a taste of the Mediterranean.
- Mexican - Spice things up with salsa, guacamole, and jalapenos.
- Asian - Infuse your turkey roll ups with soy sauce, sesame oil, and shredded carrots.
- Italian - Use a combination of pesto sauce, air fryer roasted tomatoes, and fresh basil.
- Alternative spreads - Try Greek yogurt or mashed avocado in place of cream cheese.
- Cheese options - If you don't like Swiss, try other options like gouda or cheddar cheese.
You can even make your own no-yeast personal pizza crust to use for a sandwich wrap in place of a tortilla in these turkey and cheese pinwheels.
Top tip: Use a sharp knife to slice the roll-ups for a clean and neat presentation. A sharp knife ensures precise cuts, making your roll-ups look professional and delicious.
- Choose high-quality deli turkey without excessive sodium content. Opt for fresh, flavorful slices that will enhance the taste of your roll ups.
- Secure the rolls with toothpicks or wrap them tightly in plastic wrap to prevent unraveling. This step is crucial to keep everything intact, especially if you're preparing ahead of time or packing them for a picnic.
Turkey roll ups are perfect for a quick lunch, hosting a party, or healthy snack option. Here are a few ways you can serve them:
- Party Platter Delight - Impress your guests by arranging an assortment of turkey roll ups on a platter alongside colorful dippers like beef queso dip or tzatziki.
- Lunchbox Favorite - Roll up each turkey pinwheel with fresh veggies, cheese, and condiments for your lunch break. You can even add some baked tortilla strips for some crunch.
- Game Day Snack - Add some jalapeños for an extra kick or layer in avocado for a creamy twist. They're so good; you won't even miss the chips!
These are just some of the endless possibilities. Get creative and experiment with different ingredients and flavor combinations that you like.
One option is to wrap each roll-up tightly in plastic or aluminum foil. Once wrapped, place the roll-ups in an airtight container or ziplock bag and store them in the refrigerator.
Another method is to layer the roll-ups between parchment paper or wax paper sheets before placing them in a container. This will prevent them from sticking together and make separating when you want to eat one easier.
Properly stored turkey roll-ups should stay fresh for up to 4 days in the refrigerator. If you need to store them for a more extended period, consider freezing them instead.
Want more tasty snacks and appetizers? We love these recipes too.
- Lemon pepper wings are perfectly seasoned and crispy.
- Air fryer pasta chips are a crunchy and delicious snack idea.
- Carne asada quesadilla are packed with juicy marinated beef.
- Panko fried shrimp is an exquisite treat for seafood lovers.
- Bacon-wrapped cabbage is the ultimate flavor combination.
Turkey Roll Ups
- 2 flour tortillas
- 6 slices turkey deli meat
- 2 slices of Swiss cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small tomato sliced
- romaine lettuce leaves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add the cream cheese, chives, onion powder, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste in a mixing bowl, and blend until well combined.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over one side of the tortillas.
- Place the tortillas on a flat surface.
- Layer the lettuce tomato, cheese and turkey on top of the tortilla, and roll tightly closed.
- Wrap the roll in tin foil and chill for 1 hour.
- Slice the tortilla into ½ inch thick pieces and serve.