If you're looking for a delicious and easy meal, you can't go wrong with a frozen pot pie. And thanks to the air fryer, it's now easier than ever to cook it to perfection.
When it comes to cooking a store bought frozen pot pie, air frying is a great method to use. It's also perfect for fresh pies too like our seafood pot pie and mini apple pie.
An air fryer cooks a pie evenly, so you don't have to worry about hot spots. It also will make the crust crispy without have to precook the dough or brush it with fat.
Air frying is also faster than baking and doesn't heat your kitchen as an oven does. So you don't have to wait as long to enjoy a hot and delicious pot pie. Plus, you make things like air fryer chicken wings without having to thaw the meat first.
For this recipe, you'll only need an air fryer and a frozen pot pie! The number of pies depends on how many will fit in the basket. Most air fryers will fit at least three mini pie pans.
Air Fryer Time and Temperature
If you’re new to air frying, you may be wondering how to convert oven temperature and time to air fryer temperature and time.
Here’s a quick guide:
Reduce the temperature by 25°F. So if your recipe calls for an oven temperature of 400°F, set your air fryer to 375°F.
As far as cooking time goes, most recipes will need to be reduced by about 20% when cooked in an air fryer.
However, with frozen pot pies, you may want to keep the temperature the same for browning and lower it for heating the inside of the pie. You'll also adjust the time down about 20%.
The first thing you'll need to do is preheat the air fryer to the temperature recommended oven temperature listed on the package. This will vary depending on the specific model you have and the kind of pot pie you are cooking.
Take the pot pie out of the package and place it in the air fryer basket.
Cook the frozen pie in air fryer for ten minutes or until top is browned.
Reduce the temperature and cover the pot pie with aluminum foil so the crust does not burn.
Continue cooking until the end of your calculated time.
Vent the filling by making a hole in the top crust before eating and let it cool for a few minutes.
These are our top tips for the frozen pot pie in air fryer cooking method.
- Use foil over crust. Be sure to cover the crust with foil to prevent it from getting overcooked.
- Microwave first. Microwaving the pot pie for a few minutes before placing it in the air fryer will speed up the cooking time.
- Adjust baking time as needed. Some freezers are set colder than other so you may need more cooking time. Your air fryer may also need more or less time so check for doneness a few minutes before the calculated time.
- Allow the filling to cool before eating. Poke a hole in the top crust to vent and allow it cool so you don't burn your mouth on the filling.
Frozen pot pies are a classic dish that can be on the table in no time. When the pot pie is cooked through, just let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Cooking a frozen chicken pot pie in the air fryer is perfect for busy weeknights. Serve your savory pie with a simple green salad and some crusty bread for a complete meal.
An individual pot pie is also delicious with some shredded cheese on top!
When it comes to storing leftover chicken pot pie, there are a few things you need to keep in mind.
First, make sure the pot pie is properly cooled before storing. Then, place the pot pie in an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to four days.
When you're ready to reheat the pot pie, simply pop it in the air fryer for a quick and easy meal.
You can definitely put a frozen pot pie in the air fryer. Just make sure to use the package directions to calculate the equivalent air fryer time and temperature.
A frozen pot pie will take about 30-50 minutes to cook in an air fryer, depending on the size. But you'll need to preheat the air fryer first. You can speed up the time by microwaving the pie for a few minutes first.
Yes, you can cook Marie Callender's pot pies in the air fryer. Just decrease the cooking time by about 20%.
Looking for more easy meals for one person? Check out some of our other recipes.
- Small batch chili makes enough for two so you can save a bowl for later.
- Seafood pot pie can be cooked in an air fryer too.
Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, and Pinterest to see more recipes.
Frozen Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer
- 1 frozen pot pie
- The first thing you'll need to do is preheat the air fryer to 400°F. This will vary depending on the specific model you have. Then reduce the cooking time recommended on the package by about 20% (Time x 0.20) which will be your total cooking time.
- Take frozen pot pie out of package and place it in the air fryer basket.
- Cook in preheated air fryer for ten minutes or until top is browned.
- Cover the pot pie with aluminum foil so the crust does not burn. Reduce temperature to 380°F and continue cooking for ten minutes less than your total calculated time. If the pie filling is still cold, continue cooking in 3 minute increments.
This article originally appeared on Little Bit Recipes.
This is such a great way to cook pot pies! I just love how it cooks faster than the oven, and the crust texture is better than using a microwave. I love to load up on frozen pot pies during the fall and winter, so this will be my go-to method.
This was way easier and tastier than this oven! This will be my go-to from here on out for sure.
Your air fryer tips are a life saver! This is one of my new favorite quick and easy meals!
I remember being a kid and having to wait 60-90 minutes for a pot pie, this is wonderful and so much better for busy nights!