A jar of sweet chocolate chip cookie dough overnight oats is the perfect combination of health and indulgence! This easy-to-make breakfast treat offers a delicious way to start your morning off on the right foot.
The start of a new day can be difficult for many, especially if it involves an early wake up call. A good breakfast is essential to fuel your body and mind for the long day ahead. But why settle for something that’s just “good” when you can enjoy something sweet and healthy?
These overnight oats are both nutritious and delectable. As an added bonus, this dish requires minimal effort— prepare it the night before so it’s ready when you need it in the morning. This makes it so much easier than a baked oatmeal for one.
Packed with whole grain oats, protein-filled Greek yogurt and sweet chocolate chips, this breakfast will give you the energy you need for your day.
It’s easy to prepare and makes the perfect addition to any morning routine. Plus, it tastes just like cookie dough, so you can feel like you’re indulging in a treat without any guilt!
The combination of flavors and textures make for a nutritious meal that will keep your stomach full until lunchtime. Enjoy this unique blend of ingredients for an unforgettable breakfast experience that won't leave you feeling hungry!
This simple overnight oats recipe is made with easy-to-find ingredients. The combination creates a no-cook oatmeal that is both nutritious and delectable.
Here's what you'll need to make the recipe:
- Oats (rolled oats are preferred)
- Milk or almond milk
- Maple syrup
- Peanut butter or almond butter
- Chocolate chips
Scroll down to the recipe card for the amount of each used.
Preparing cookie dough overnight oats is so simple Just gather your ingredients, combine them, and let them sit overnight. That's it!
Below are more detailed step-by-step directions with photos to show you exactly how it is done.
Add oats to a large mixing bowl.
Pour in vanilla extract.
Pour in maple syrup.
Dump in peanut butter and yogurt.
Add chocolate chips and stir everything together.
Transfer mixture to an airtight container and let it sit in the fridge overnight.
It's so easy to vary this cookie dough overnight oats recipe. Here's a few ideas:
- Add different types of chocolate. Try using dark chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or a combination of both.
- Mix in some nuts. Chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts would all be delicious in this recipe.
- Use chia seeds. For something different, try adding chia seeds in place of oatmeal. You can even make a protein chia pudding by adding protein powder.
- Try using different types of oats. You can use rolled oats, steel cut oats, or even oat bran in this recipe.
- Add some dried fruit. Diced dried apricots, cranberries, or raisins would all be tasty additions to the overnight oats.
- Experiment with different sweeteners. Instead of using maple syrup, try using honey or agave nectar for a different flavor.
- Add some spices. A pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg would add an extra depth of flavor to the overnight oats.
- Use old-fashioned oats. Also known as rolled oats, old-fashioned oats will hold their shape and texture better than quick oats.
- Finely chop nuts if added. That way, they won't overpower the overnight oats.
- Use a thick spread to give the oats a cookie dough-like texture. Peanut butter, nut butter, or seed butter is needed for a thicker texture. You can also use Nutella for added flavor and richness.
- Add some extra protein to your oats. Consider stirring in a scoop of protein powder.
Serving chocolate chip cookie dough overnight oats couldn't be simpler - scoop out the desired portion into a bowl or jar and you're ready to go! If you're feeling extra indulgent, top off your oats with crushed peanuts or even a drizzle of melted chocolate.
For an extra burst of sweetness, top your oats with fresh fruit such as sliced bananas, berries, or chopped apples. The tartness of the berries will perfectly balance out the indulgent flavors of chocolate and cookie dough. You can sprinkle on air fryer strawberries and dried fruit too.
Overnight oats can be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 5 days. If you want to make single servings, you can make a double batch and divide it into individual containers or jars.
Oats are high in fiber, which can help keep you full and regulate your digestive system. Adding toppings like nuts, seeds, and fruits can also boost the nutritional value of your oats. As long as you're mindful of added sugars or unhealthy fats, overnight oats can be a great way to start your day!
Overnight oats can become gummy if there is too much liquid in the mixture. To avoid this, use less liquid than usual and add more as needed. Adding a spoonful of chia seeds to the oats can also help absorb some of the excess moisture.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? You'll find some of our favorites for one or two people below.
- Waffle for one recipe makes a single Belgium waffle.
- Pancake in a mug is super quick and easy with little cleanup.
- Mini frittatas are great for using up dinner leftovers.
Cookie Dough Overnight Oats
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chocolate chips
- 1 cup milk or almond milk
- Place all of the ingredients into a mixing bowl, and whisk to combine well.
- Fill a jar or airtight container with the oat mixture, and allow to chill overnight in the fridge before serving.