You can have delicious air-fried strawberries in no time. All you need is an air fryer and fresh sliced berries. Not only are these sweet treats full of flavor, but they are also incredibly easy to make.
Air fryers are a great way to quickly and easily cook delicious, healthy snacks. Strawberries are one of the most popular fruits, making them an excellent addition to any meal. With the help of an air fryer, you can now enjoy dried strawberry slices in just a few minutes.
The best part about using an air fryer for dehydrated strawberries is that there’s no need for a dehydrator! All you need are some fresh strawberries and your air fryer. The result is slightly crispy fruit chips that are perfect for snacking or serving as part of a dessert!
Fresh ripe strawberries are the only ingredient needed for this delicious snack!
This quick and easy dried strawberries recipe requires only one simple ingredient and minimal preparation time.
Start by preheating the air fryer at the lowest setting. Generally, this is about 320°F (160°C).
Before dehydrating strawberries in an air fryer basket, they need to be washed and sliced. After washing the strawberries under cold water, they should then be patted dry with paper towels before cutting them into uniform slices.
Place the strawberry slices onto a rack or basket that fits into your air fryer.
Air fry strawberries for 30 minutes, flip each slice over, and air fry for another 15-20 minutes until completely dry.
Allow the slices to cool completely before serving your air fryer dehydrated strawberries.
If you want your fried strawberries to be extra crisp, lightly coat them with oil before air frying. For extra sweetness, sprinkle a little sugar on them. You can also purée the strawberries with sugar to make fruit roll-ups.
- Remove moisture before cooking. Pat the sliced strawberries with paper towels to remove excess moisture prior to air frying.
- Cut similar size pieces. The size of the slice will determine the cooking time needed. Smaller slices can burn before the larger slices are done.
- Do not overlap the slices. Arrange the slices in a single layer on a rack so they aren't touching.
Air-fried strawberries are so versatile! You can use them in a strawberry spinach smoothie, yogurt bowls, baked oatmeal, and more. They also make an excellent topping for salads and ice cream. We like to add them to a Fruity Pebbles sundae.
The dried strawberry slices can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days. To keep them fresh, place a paper towel at the bottom of the container before adding the strawberries.
It depends on the size of each piece of cut or sliced strawberry. Generally, thin slices take about 45 to 50 minutes at 320°F. Be sure to check them frequently as they can go from undercooked to overcooked quickly!
You can air fry just about any fruit. Some you may want to try are apples, pears, peaches, pineapples, and bananas. Just cut them into slices or cubes and air fry at a low setting until they are crispy.
Want a few more easy snack ideas? You may want to check out these recipes too.
- Chocolate chip mug cake takes a couple of minutes and tastes like a freshly baked cookie.
- Mug cakes with cake mix are simple 3-ingredient treats that bake in the microwave quickly.
- One serving edible cookie dough makes only a small batch so you don't overindulge.
Air Fryer Strawberries
- 12 Medium strawberries sliced
- Preheat the air fryer to its lowest setting. This will vary by air fryer model.
- Slice the strawberries so that they are uniform.
- Place the strawberries onto a rack or basket that fits into your air fryer.
- Air fry for 30 minutes, and then flip the strawberries over, and air fry for another 15-20 minutes until completely dried.