Discover the perfect way to roast Brussels sprouts in the air fryer. You'll enjoy crispy, delicious results with minimal effort. So, say goodbye to soggy sprouts and hello to perfectly crisp bites every time.
What makes this vegetable side dish for two so special? The hot air circulation in the air fryer creates a perfectly even cooking method that results in a crunchy exterior and tender interior.
The Brussels sprouts are also paired with seasonings that bring out incredible flavor. While they may not be everyone's favorite, air frying vegetables can transform their taste and texture into something truly delicious.
Reasons to Love
- Amazing texture. The hot circulating air in the fryer makes the sprouts crispy on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy.
- Quick to prepare. They only need about 15 minutes in the air fryer to become golden brown and delicious.
- Guilt-Free Goodness. Not only are roasted Brussels sprouts tasty, they're packed with vitamins and minerals. Plus, when you cook them in an air fryer, you can use less oil compared to traditional methods like pan-frying or deep-frying.
You only need five simple ingredients plus salt and pepper to make these delicious sprouts. It's a super easy Brussels sprouts recipe.
Here's what you'll need to make the dish:
- Brussels sprouts
- olive oil
- minced garlic
- onion powder
- grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
Ready to make this air fryer recipe? To start, you'll need to trim and halve the brussel sprouts.
Place Brussels sprouts into a large mixing bowl. Add minced garlic.
Pour in olive oil.
Sprinkle in Parmesan cheese
Add onion powder and toss the Brussels sprouts well to combine.
Spread the Brussels sprouts into a single layer on your air fryer tray or basket.
Cook at 350°F cooking for 15 minutes. Stop the air fryer halfway through the cooking time, and shake the tray well.
Hint: shaking the air fryer basket a couple of times during the cooking process ensures that the Brussels sprouts cook evenly on all sides.
You can experiment with a variety of flavors and seasonings to create a unique and delicious dish. Here are ways to change up the recipe:
- Herbs and spices - Add a pinch of smoked paprika or chili powder for a hint of heat. Or, toss in some dried thyme or rosemary to bring out earthy flavors.
- Sauces and dressings - drizzle a balsamic glaze over your sprouts for a tangy twist, or try honey mustard dressing for sweetness. For something a little more unique, try green herb oil.
- Tangy - squeeze fresh lemon juice over the cooked Brussels sprouts to brighten their flavors.
- Crunchy - top the dish off with toasted almonds or pine nuts for added crunch.
Check out this air fryer roasted tomatoes recipe for another delicious alternative to oven roasting.
Top tip: Ensure the sprouts are well-coated with oil or a cooking spray before air frying. This helps in achieving a crispy and evenly browned exterior.
- Trim and halve the Brussels sprouts. This helps them cook more evenly and creates more surface area for that crispy texture.
- Preheat the air fryer. This ensures they start cooking immediately and helps with a more even result.
- Arrange in a single layer. Crowding on the air fryer basket can lead to uneven cooking.
- Adjust air frying time. The time may vary depending on the size of your Brussels sprouts and your air fryer's power. Keep a close eye and adjust as needed.
Try serving your crispy air fryer Brussels sprouts as a delicious side dish alongside a chicken and stuffing casserole or steak with balsamic sauce for a simple yet satisfying approach. You can also add some sweetness by drizzling the sprouts with aged balsamic vinegar.
This vegetable side dish tastes great with Chinese food too. I like to pair it with an orange chicken Trader Joe's frozen entrée.
Once cooled, transfer them into an airtight container or a resealable plastic bag. Make sure to remove any excess moisture from the sprouts by patting them dry with a paper towel before storage. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
If you want to store them for longer periods, consider freezing them. Place the cooled Brussels sprouts in a freezer-safe bag or container and freeze for up to 3 months. However, keep in mind that freezing may slightly affect their texture upon thawing.
When ready to eat, simply reheat the frozen or refrigerated sprouts in the oven or microwave until warmed through, and enjoy!
Yes. Keep in mind that frozen Brussels sprouts may require slightly longer cooking times.
Air fryers are incredibly versatile appliances that can cook various vegetables. Some popular options include broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, sweet potatoes, and asparagus.
Looking for more easy sides for two? Check out these recipes too:
- Smashed potatoes with cheese are a delicious dish worth trying.
- Garlic butter green beans is an irresistible way to enjoy veggies.
- Crockpot mac and cheese is so much easier than baked versions.
- Air fryer potato wedges are oh-so-satisfying.
- Cabbage steaks in the oven are warm and comforting.
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- ½ pound Brussels sprouts trimmed and halved
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all of the ingredients to a mixing bowl, and toss to combine well.
- Spread the brussels sprouts into a single layer on your air fryer tray.
- Cook at 350°F for 15 minutes. Stop the air fryer halfway through the cook time, and shake the tray well.
- Serve garnished with additional parmesan if desired.