One bite, and you'll see why the taste of strawberry pound cake is so irresistible. It's baked to perfection with real strawberries making it a delightful treat for any occasion.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you the latest recipes and tips every week!
The irresistible blend of moist pound cake infused with luscious strawberries creates an explosion of flavor in every bite. This heavenly combination of rich, buttery pound cake filled with juicy bits of strawberries is sure to please.
If you're ready to take a mini pound cake up a notch, give this recipe a try. You can also top it with a dollop of coconut whipped cream and fresh strawberries to make it more like a strawberry shortcake.
Reasons to Love
- Bursting with freshness. You get a burst of fresh, juicy strawberries in every bite. It's like enjoying a slice of summer in every mouthful.
- Moist and tender crumb. The dense yet soft texture creates a satisfying mouthfeel that keeps you coming back for more. Each bite offers an enjoyable contrast between the velvety cake and the juicy bursts of strawberries within it.
- Perfectly portioned. It's perfect for those baking for one or two people. You get just enough sweetness for a serving or two without worry of too many leftovers.
When creating a pound cake, there's something magical about the combination of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter. Adding the sweet tang of fresh strawberries creates an irresistible flavor profile to the mix.
Here's the full list of ingredients needed to make the delicious strawberry cake recipe:
- sour cream
- baking powder
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
Begin this fresh strawberry pound cake recipe by preheating your oven to 350°F and generously greasing your mini loaf pan. Alternatively, you can line your pan with parchment paper so the cake comes out easily.
Add eggs, flour, sour cream, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, and butter to a mixing bowl and blend until smooth. There's no need to mix the dry ingredients separately.
Fold the strawberries gently into the cake batter.
Spread the mixture into the prepared mini loaf pan and bake.
Bake until the center of the cake tests done when a toothpick is inserted into the center and comes out clean.
Move to a cooling rack and remove the loaf from the pan after 10 minutes. Let it cool on the rack to room temperature before slicing to serve.
Hint: Don't rush the cooling process. Let your mini loaf cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack. This gradual cooling prevents potential collapsing and ensures your mini loaf maintains that irresistible moistness.
You can easily change up the flavor of the loaf if you'd like. Here are a few ideas you can try.
- Lemon - add a hint of lemon zest and juice to the batter. It will give a refreshing citrus undertone that complements the sweetness of the strawberries beautifully.
- Almond - adding almond extract can bring out nutty undertones
- Cinnamon - a sprinkle of cinnamon can introduce warm, comforting notes
- Strawberry - enhance the strawberry flavor by adding strawberry extract to the cake batter.
- Glaze - add a simple strawberry glaze to the top of the loaf by mixing powdered sugar and strawberry puree.
- Bundt cakes - divide the batter between mini bundt cake pans for single-serving cakes.
Be sure to check out my lemon loaf Starbucks copycat. It's a much cheaper option to high-priced slices at the coffee shop.
Top tip: You can coat the diced strawberries in a small amount of flour before folding them into the batter. This helps prevent the strawberries from sinking to the bottom of the cake during baking.
- Carefully measure your ingredients. Even a small deviation can change the texture of your bread.
- Gently fold the diced strawberries into the batter. Doing this carefully ensures that they are distributed evenly throughout without breaking them down too much or causing them to sink to the bottom during baking.
- Avoid over mixing the batter because it can result in a dense, tough texture. When you're combining the ingredients, mix until they are just incorporated.
- Ensure the cake has cooled completely before slicing. Cooling allows the strawberry cake to firm up so it slices easily without crumbling.
or a delightful brunch or afternoon tea, consider serving the mini loaf alongside a dollop of freshly whipped cream and a handful of ripe, juicy strawberries. The combination of creamy sweetness and tart fruitiness will create a perfect balance on the palate.
Alternatively, if you're aiming for an elegant dessert presentation, try slicing the mini loaf into thin layers and layering it with vanilla pastry cream or mascarpone cheese. Top it off with a drizzle of strawberry coulis and a sprinkle of edible flowers for an Instagram-worthy treat that is as visually stunning as it is delicious.
To store a strawberry pound cake mini loaf, it's important to keep it fresh and moist. You can wrap the loaf tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil to prevent air from getting in and drying out the cake. Alternatively, you can place the loaf in an airtight container to maintain its freshness.
If you plan to store the mini loaf for a longer period, consider freezing it. Wrap the loaf in multiple layers of plastic wrap and then place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. When ready to enjoy, simply thaw the cake at room temperature or in the refrigerator before serving. This method will help preserve the flavor and texture of the strawberry pound cake mini loaf for an extended period of time.
How do I add a strawberry glaze?
Puree fresh strawberries with powdered sugar until smooth. Drizzle this vibrant glaze over your cooled mini loaves to add sweetness and visual appeal.
Should the ingredients be at room temperature before using?
Yes. Using room temperature ingredients such as butter and eggs allows them to blend seamlessly when mixed with other components like flour and sugar.
Want to try more of my small-batch desserts for one or two people? Here's some of my favorites.
- Personal peach cobbler is quick and easy to make with frozen fruit slices.
- Filipino flan is a rich baked custard for one with a caramel glaze.
- Cheesecake in a jar is made with a simple no-bake recipe.
- Red velvet mug cake is perfect for satisfying sweet cravings quickly.
- Apple mug cakes whip up in minutes for a delicious dessert idea for two.
Strawberry Pound Cake Mini Loaf
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- ½ cup diced strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and grease a mini loaf pan well.
- Add the flour, sour cream, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, sugar, and butter to a mixing bowl and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the strawberries.
- Spread the mixture into the prepared mini loaf pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pound cake loaf is cooked through completely.
- Let cool to room temperature before slicing to serve.