Try this slow cooker buffalo chicken dip recipe to spice up your snack game with minimal effort. It combines the fiery flavors of buffalo chicken wings with a creamy, cheesy dip.
This delectable dip is perfect for any game day spread or party platter. The crockpot method allows all the flavors to meld together, resulting in a rich and flavorful dip that will surely be a hit.
What sets this dip apart from others is the balance of heat from the buffalo sauce and the creaminess of the cheese. The tangy kick of the buffalo sauce adds just the right amount of spice. Mixing in shredded chicken and gooey melted cheese makes a winning combination.
Reasons to Love
- An irresistible flavor combination. The blend of tangy buffalo wing sauce and creamy cheese creates a flavor explosion that is hard to resist.
- Versatile snack option. Crockpot buffalo chicken dip can be served with chips, crackers, or veggies. It makes the perfect appetizer for potlucks!
- Provides a satisfying heat without being too spicy. The amount of buffalo sauce used is easily adjusted to provide the perfect balance between spiciness and enjoyment.
With just a few ingredients you can whip up this delectable treat in no time.
Here are the ingredients you'll need to make the recipe:
- shredded chicken
- cream cheese
- buffalo wing sauce
- ranch dressing
- shredded cheddar cheese
- optional green onions for garnish
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
Are you ready to make the best buffalo chicken dip? Just follow these easy step-by-step directions.
In a 2-quart slow cooker, combine the shredded cooked chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, and ranch dressing.
Add ⅓ cup of the shredded cheese and then stir it into the other ingredients.
Place the lid on the slow cooker and slow cook on LOW for 3-4 hours or HIGH for 1-2 hours. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes to ensure even cooking.
Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the dip and place the lid back on. Let the dip continue to cook until the cheese on top is melted.
Giving the visitor ideas on how they can change this recipe to better suit their dinner guests, or their cultural cuisine, is a great way to increase the chances they make the recipe
- Add blue cheese. Stir in blue cheese crumbles or blue cheese dressing to add an extra layer of flavor that perfectly complements the spicy buffalo sauce.
- Use convenient chicken options. Save time in the kitchen by using leftover rotisserie chicken instead of cooking your chicken breasts. Or, use canned chicken from the pantry.
- Lower the fat. You can use Greek yogurt for some or all of the cream cheese to provide a creamy texture while reducing the overall fat content.
- Customize the spice level. Tailor the spiciness of your buffalo chicken dip to suit your taste buds by adjusting the amount of hot sauce used.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or Greek yogurt to the mixture for extra creaminess.
If you like peppers, try sprinkling chopped air fryer jalapeño poppers on top. This will add an exciting top layer.
Top tip: Cook on low heat to prevent scorching and to allow flavors to meld together. Cooking on high heat can lead to uneven cooking and curdled ingredients.
- Soften cream cheese to room temperature for easier mixing and smoother consistency.
- Use an appropriately sized crockpot for the amount of dip you're making. This ensures even cooking and proper blending of flavors. A 2-quart crock pot is recommended for this recipe.
- Gently stir the dip a couple of times during cooking to ensure even distribution of ingredients and to prevent sticking.
The dip is best served warm so you can serve it from the Crock Pot. To add a touch of freshness and vibrant color to your buffalo chicken dip, garnish it with some chopped green onions or parsley.
Serve it alongside baked tortilla strips, regular tortilla chips, celery sticks, or any other dippers. If you want something a little unique, add some air fryer pasta chips for an irresistible combo that will keep everyone coming back for more.
Allow the dip to cool completely before transferring it into an airtight container. It is recommended to consume it within 4 days.
You can also freeze the dip for longer storage. Transfer it into a freezer-safe container before placing it in the freezer. When ready to enjoy, thaw the dip overnight in the refrigerator and reheat it in the oven or microwave until heated throughout.
Want a few more appetizers and snacks for just a couple of people? Check out these recipes recipes too.
- Bacon smokies are cocktail sausages wrapped in crispy bacon.
- Homemade lemon pepper wings are juicy and flavorful.
- Panko breaded shrimp are perfect for dipping.
- Quesadillas de asada are a delicious way to enjoy leftover steak.
- Bacon-wrapped pineapple is cooked to perfection in an air fryer.
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast shredded
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons buffalo sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing
- ⅔ cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Sliced green onions for garnish
- Celery sticks and tortilla chips for serving
- In a slow cooker, combine the shredded cooked chicken, cream cheese, buffalo sauce, ranch dressing, and ⅓ cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Stir everything together until well combined.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and cook on LOW heat for 3-4 hours or on HIGH heat for 1-2 hours. Stir the mixture every 30 minutes to ensure even cooking and to prevent sticking.
- The dip is ready when the cheese is fully melted and you no longer see chunks of cream cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the dip and place the lid back on. Let the dip continue to cook until the cheese on top is melted.
- Once fully cooked, garnish the dip with sliced green onions.
- Serve the buffalo chicken dip with celery sticks, tortilla chips, or your choice of dippers.
- Enjoy this creamy and flavorful buffalo chicken dip!