Do you love to eat pizza but don't have anyone to share it with? No problem! You can enjoy a delicious homemade personal pizza to serve just one person without fuss.
Making the perfect pizza just for yourself is much easier than you think. And, it can be made completely from scratch with little prep time!
It's actually very affordable and fun to make your own mini pizza at home. Plus, you only need to have simple ingredients on hand.
All you need is pre-made pizza dough, tomato sauce, cheese, and your favorite toppings such as pepperoni or mushrooms. With these simple items, you'll be able to create a tasty meal in no time at all!
You may even want to make extra individual pizzas because leftovers are perfect for breakfast or lunch the next day. So what are you waiting for? Read on and find out how to make an amazing personal pizza just for one!
The best thing about this recipe is that you have a lot of options to customize it.
Here's what you'll need to make this easy pizza recipe:
- Dough: Many grocery stores have pre-made pizza dough that is ready to use. If not, it’s easy to make your own using all-purpose wheat flour, baking powder, salt, olive oil, and water.
- Sauce: For a classic taste, you'll want to use a red sauce but Alfredo sauce can be used instead for a white option. Or, change it up with a BBQ sauce.
- Cheese: Shredded mozzarella is traditionally used. But feel free to customize it. Parmesan, Asiago, and Gorgonzola work well too!
- Desired toppings: There are endless combinations so use your own favorite pizza toppings. We like to add pepperoni slices.
Scroll down to the recipe card for the amounts you'll need.
Once you have gathered your ingredients, it doesn't take long to assemble your pizza. Just roll the dough out, spread on the sauce, add the mozzarella cheese, and put on your toppings! Then just bake and enjoy.
Roll the pizza dough out on a lightly floured surface or press it out with your hands.
Spread the tomato sauce out onto the unbaked crust leaving about a half inch on the edges.
Sprinkle shredded mozzarella over the sauce and then add desired toppings.
Bake in preheated oven until the top is a light golden brown.
Once you remove the pizza from the oven, place it on a cutting board and cut it into four even slices.
The easiest way to change up the pizza recipe is to add your own favorite toppings. Fresh ingredients like mushrooms and peppers are always welcome, but canned or frozen vegetables work well too.
There are endless options you can use. From classic favorites like pepperoni and sausage, to more creative offerings such as pineapple and artichoke hearts.
For those looking for something more adventurous, consider adding some roasted red peppers or sliced black olives which can add an unexpected touch of sweetness.
- Don't forget the seasoning. Italian seasoning like dried oregano and basil will add an extra layer of flavor.
- Try prebaking the crust in a hot oven before adding the sauce and toppings. This will help create a crispier crust texture.
- Add just the right amount of sauce. This is key to making the perfect individual-sized pizza. Too much will make it soggy while too little won't provide enough flavor.
- Use parchment paper. Lining your pan with parchment paper will make it slide right off the pan!
When it comes to enjoying the perfect personal pizza, there are many possibilities for what to serve it with. Whether you are looking for a classic pairing or something more unique, there is no shortage of options when it comes to complements to your homemade pizza.
For starters, why not try adding a salad as an accompaniment? A simple green salad with some vinaigrette dressing will add a fresh pop of flavor and texture that goes perfectly with the cheesy deliciousness of your pizza. For added crunch, you can also include some croutons and chopped vegetables such as tomatoes or red onion.
If you're looking for something a bit heartier than a salad, why not go with some garlic bread? Garlic bread is always a favorite!
The best way to store leftovers in the refrigerator is to wrap it in aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or place it in an airtight container. This will help keep it fresh and prevent it from drying. For optimal freshness, eat the pizza within 2-3 days.
The amount of dough is based on the size of pizza you want to make. Generally, you need about 150 grams of dough for a 6-inch personal-sized pizza. If you're using store-bought dough, it usually comes in 1 pound packages that can make 2-3 small pizzas.
Cooking time varies by the type and size of mini pizza you're making. It typically takes about 10 to 12 minutes to cook a smaller pizza in a preheated oven at 425°F.
It depends on how much you like! Generally, one-third to one-half cup of shredded cheese is enough for a small 6-inch pizza. If you want a really cheesy pizza, you can use up to ¾ cup.
Want more recipes for quick meal? You may enjoy these simple dishes too.
- Beef and broccoli with ground beef is an easy dinner idea for one.
- Individual lasagnas make the perfect meal for two.
- Venison shepherd's pie is a downsized version of the classic comfort food.
Personal Pizza For One
- Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pizza dough out to ¼-inch thick with a rolling pin. Alternatively, press the dough with your fingers directly onto the parchment paper on a baking sheet, it will make a rustic look for the pizza.
- Spread pizza sauce over the rolled-out dough, followed by mozzarella cheese and pepperonis. Sprinkle oregano on top.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden and cooked.