Did you know that you can cook frozen sweet potato fries in an air fryer? It’s a game changer! They come out crispy and delicious.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you the latest recipes and tips every week!
Are you looking for a healthier alternative to traditional deep fried foods? If so, then you need an air fryer! Air fryers use little to no oil, and can make a variety of both savory and sweet dishes.
One of our favorite things to make in our air fryer, other than frozen pot pies, are frozen sweet potato fries! They come out crispy on the outside and soft on the inside- perfect for dipping in your favorite sauce.
When it comes to cooking frozen fries, an air fryer is the way to go. This cooking method results in perfectly crispy fries without all the oil and mess that come with deep frying.
You only need an air fryer and frozen sweet potato fries. Any style of fries will work so go with traditional cut or sweet potato waffle fries. You can even use homemade ones instead of store bought.
Here’s what you need to make air fryer frozen sweet potato fries:
- A bag of frozen sweet potato fries
- A tablespoon of olive oil or vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
See recipe card for quantities.
To make the fries, start by preheating your air fryer to 400°F. Then, add a tablespoon of oil to a bowl and toss the frozen sweet potato fries in it until they’re coated.
Next, add the fries to the air fryer basket in a single layer. Then cook for 10 to 15 minutes until cooked to your desired doneness. There's no need to flip the fries halfway when making a small batch for one or two!
Once the fries are done to your liking, take them out of the basket. Then sprinkle on salt and pepper, or your preferred seasoning, to taste.
Here are a few ways to change up your sweet potato fries:
- Add some spice with a dash of cayenne pepper or chili powder.
- Give them a flavorful twist by dipping them in a honey mustard or BBQ sauce.
- For a healthier option, bake them instead of frying.
- Get creative with your toppings! Try shredded cheese, crumbled bacon, or chopped green onions.
For the most delicious sweet potato fries, we recommend the following:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F before you cook frozen fries. This will help them cook evenly.
- Spray or toss them with cooking oil before air frying for crispy sweet potato fries.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
- Add seasonings or toppings after cooking.
There are many ways to enjoy sweet potato fries. Serve them plain or seasoned with salt, pepper, and other spices. Add some ketchup, BBQ sauce, honey mustard, or any other number of dipping sauces on the side.
The possibilities are endless! So next time you're in the mood for something a little different, try out some sweet potato fries. You won't be disappointed.
If you have leftover fries, they can be stored for a few days in the refrigerator. Just let them cool completely before storing them to help retain their crispiness.
Place the fries in an airtight container or bag. This will prevent them from getting soggy or dry out.
To reheat the sweet potato fries, place them back in the air fryer for a few minutes until they're hot and crispy again. Serve immediately.
There are several benefits to air frying frozen fries. First, they cook evenly and quickly, so you don't have to worry about uneven cooking or overcooking. Second, they tend to be less greasy than deep-fried sweet potato fries, so they're a healthier option. Third, they're easy to make - just pop them in the air fryer and let it do its job.
No, you do not need to use oil when air frying frozen fries. The air fryer will cook the fries without needing any oil.
It takes about 10-15 minutes to cook frozen sweet potato fries in the air fryer.
Want a few simple lunch ideas for one or two? Give one of these recipes a try.
If you know how to freeze spinach, you'll be happy to know that you can air fry that right from the freezer too!
Air Fryer Frozen Sweet Potato Fries
- 6 ounces frozen sweet potato fries
- oil optional
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 400°F.
- Add frozen sweet potato fries to the air fryer basket or tray in a single layer. If desired, you can brush oil on the basket first and or spray the frozen fries with oil.
- Place basket or tray in the preheated air fryer and air fry for 12 minutes. You can flip them once if you'd like but we find that unnecessary for a small batch.
- When cooking time is up, use silicone tongs to remove the fries from the air fryer basket or tray.