Did you know that there's a secret menu at Starbucks? That's right, you can order more than just the drinks listed on the official menu.
There is a collection of unique and creative beverages that those in the know can order. These items are custom orders created by both customers and baristas. You can find many secret drink recipes online, but not all Starbucks locations may be able to make them.
Tips for ordering
Understanding the standard Starbucks menu will help you identify which ingredients are available and which modifications can be made. Familiarize yourself with popular beverages such as Frappuccinos, macchiatos and Starbucks Refreshers so that you can order confidently.
When ordering from the Starbucks secret menu, it helps if you can provide them with detailed instructions about what goes into your desired drink. You can also customize the type of coffee beans used in the drink. If a recipe calls for a syrup that you don't like or if you want an extra shot of espresso, don't hesitate to ask for modifications.
Not all Starbucks locations will make secret menu items. It's best to approach your order politely and respectfully if they decline. Keep in mind that these creative blends may take longer to prepare than regular drinks due to their unique nature.
“I'm a hardcore Starbucks fan, and I implore you NOT to forget about their toffee nut syrup! Since most drinks on the menu don't include it, so many people forget that it's there! It is ahh-mazing. Add a few pumps of toffee nut to your Caramel Macchiato (iced is my favorite, but hot is good too). Or get a chocolate cream cold brew with a few pumps of toffee nut added in.”
— Nicole, Everyday Thrify
Popular Starbucks Secret Menu Drinks
So, what exactly is the Starbucks secret menu? Here are some of these hidden drink delights.
1. White chocolate pink drink
- Ask for a venti pink drink.
- Add 4 pumps of white chocolate mocha sauce.
- Add a pump of vanilla sweet cream
2. Orange creamsicle Frappuccino
- Order milk of your choice
- Add orange mango or valencia orange refresher juice
- Add classic syrup (2 pumps tall, 3 pumps grande, 4 pumps venti)
- Add creme base (2 pumps tall, 3 pumps grande, 4 pumps venti)
- Top with optional whipped cream
3. Nutella Frappuccino
- Ask for a venti coffee Frappuccino.
- Request to add 2 pumps of mocha sauce and a pump of hazelnut syrup.
- Whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel syrup can also be added on top.
4. Butterbeer Frappuccino
- Ask for a venti crème Frappuccino.
- Add three pumps of caramel syrup and three pumps of toffee nut syrup.
- Request whipped cream on top and a drizzle of dark caramel sauce.
5. Medicine Ball Tea (or Cold Buster)
- Ask for a venti honey citrus mint tea.
- Request half hot water and half steamed lemonade in the venti cup.
- Add one bag of Teavana Jade Citrus Mint Tea and one bag of Teavana Peach Tranquility Tea to the cup.
- Add a pump or a packet of honey to the drink.
- You can also ask for an extra bag of both teas to steep longer or an additional pump of honey for added sweetness.
6. Chocolate mousse cold brew
- Ask for a venti sweet cream cold foam cold brew coffee with only two pumps of vanilla.
- Request to add two pumps of mocha sauce in the drink and two pumps in the foam.
- Ask for mocha cookie crumble on top.
7. Thin mint frappuccino
- Ask for a venti java chip Frappuccino
- Request to add four pumps of peppermint syrup
- Whipped cream and a sprinkle of mocha cookie crumble can be added.
8. Oatmeal cookie latte
- Order a caffé latte.
- Add cinnamon dolce syrup
- Optionally, you can ask for a sprinkle of cinnamon on top
9. Purple drink
- Ask for an iced passion tango tea lemonade.
- Request to have it made with coconut milk instead of regular water.
- Ask for an optional pump of vanilla syrup to add a touch of sweetness to the drink.
10. Captain Crunch Frappuccino
- Ask for a strawberries and creme Frappuccino.
- Request to add a pump or two of caramel syrup and a pump or two of toffeenut syrup.
- Ask for an optional scoop of Java chips for the crunchy texture of the cereal.
11. Nutty caramel macchiato
- Ask for a caramel macchiato.
- Request to add a pump of hazelnut syrup.
- Ask for optional whipped cream on top and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
12. Snickers Frappuccino
- Ask for a java chip Frappuccino.
- Request to add a pump or two of toffee nut syrup and a pump or two of caramel syrup.
- Ask for whipped cream on top and a drizzle of mocha sauce and caramel sauce.
13. Cinnamon Roll Frappuccino
- Ask for a vanilla bean Frappuccino.
- Add 1-3 pumps of white mocha syrup and 1-3 pumps of cinnamon dolce syrup depending on the size (1 for tall, 2 for grande and 3 for venti).
- Ask for whipped cream on top with a sprinkling of cinnamon dolce powder.
14. Neapolitan Frappuccino
- Ask for strawberries and creme Frappuccino.
- Add one to one and a half scoop(s) of vanilla bean powder depending on the size.
- Add mocha syrup (1 pump for tall, 2 pumps for grande, 3 pumps for venti)
- Request whipped cream on top with a drizzle of mocha sauce.
15. Twix Frappuccino
- Ask for a caramel Frappuccino.
- Request to add pumps of hazelnut syrup and java chips.
- Ask for whipped cream on top and a drizzle of caramel sauce and mocha sauce.
16. S'mores Frappuccino
- Ask for a java chip Frappuccino
- Add a pump of cinnamon dolce syrup and a pump of toffee nut syrup.
- Request to have whipped cream blended in.
- Top it off with whipped cream and cinnamon dolce powder.
17. White chocolate caramel mocha Frappuccino
- Ask for venti iced white chocolate mocha Frappuccino made with blonde espresso
- Request to add 3 pumps of white mocha
- Add 3 pumps of caramel syrup
- Ask for no whip
- Top with vanilla sweet cream cold foam
Creating custom drinks at Starbucks
One of the best things about creating a secret menu drink at Starbucks is that you get to experiment with different combinations of ingredients. Start by choosing a base drink, such as an iced Americano coffee, and add additional flavors and toppings to make it unique.
Creating these custom drinks is all about having fun and trying new things. So next time you're at Starbucks, don't be afraid to step outside the box and create something unique.