Discover crock pot magic with this slow cooker pork loin that melts in your mouth. You'll get the most delicious and tender meat using this foolproof recipe.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you the latest recipes and tips every week!
Are you a busy individual who wants a delicious and hassle-free meal option? Let me introduce you to cooking pork loin in a Crock Pot.
With the convenience of a slow cooker, you can achieve tender and juicy meat effortlessly. Whether it's a pork loin roast, tenderloin, or even leftover pork loin, the slow-cooking method guarantees a delectable outcome every time.
This process allows the flavors to meld together while keeping the meat incredibly tender. Plus, with minimal effort required from you, it's an ideal solution for those hectic days when time is scarce.
So why not try out this fantastic cooking technique? Get ready to enjoy the incredible taste and texture of slow cooker pork loin.
Reasons to Love
- Retains moisture and tenderness. Cooking meat in a slow cooker helps to lock in the natural juices, resulting in a moist and tender final product.
- Enhances the natural flavors of the meat. Slow cooking allows the flavors of herbs, spices, and seasonings to infuse into the pork loin, creating a rich and delicious taste.
- Requires minimal effort and preparation. Season your meat, place it in the slow cooker with any desired vegetables or liquid, set the temperature, and let it cook for hours without needing constant attention.
The great thing about this main dish is that you only need a handful of simple ingredients to make it.
Here are the ingredients needed for the recipe:
- pork loin
- soy sauce
- olive oil
- orange juice
- Dijon mustard
- garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- fresh rosemary
Scroll down to the recipe card for quantities used.
The first step in preparing the pork loin for slow cooking is to trim off any excess fat. While some fat can add flavor, too much can make the dish overly greasy. Use a sharp knife to carefully remove any visible fat from the meat's surface, ensuring not to cut into the actual meat itself.
Season all sides of pork loin generously with salt and pepper. Place the pork loin in the slow cooker.
In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, olive oil, orange juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic and chopped fresh rosemary.
Pour the sauce over the pork loin in the slow cooker, ensuring it is evenly coated. Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours.
Occasionally baste the pork loin with the sauce during the cooking process for extra flavor and moisture. If the sauce starts drying, add a splash of water to the pot.
Once cooked, remove the pork loin from the slow cooker and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
Slice the pork loin. Serve with the sauce and garnish with optional rosemary sprigs.
Hint: Be sure to let the meat rest for 10-15 minutes after cooking before slicing into it. This resting period allows the juices within the meat to redistribute evenly, resulting in a moist and tender final product.
One of the best things about slow-cooking pork loin in a crock pot is the versatility it offers. You can easily experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create a wide range of delicious dishes.
Here are some suggestions you can try:
- Add vegetables - Take your one-pot meal up a notch by adding vegetables like potatoes, carrots, or onions. Chop them into bite-sized pieces and place them in the slow cooker with the pork loin.
- Experiment with marinades and sauces - Spice things up by trying out different marinades or sauces for your slow cooker pork loin. Whether you prefer tangy BBQ sauce, zesty teriyaki marinade, or a savory spice mix, there's no limit to the flavor combinations you can explore.
- Try different cuts of pork - Boneless chops or tenderloin can be equally delicious in this recipe. The key is to adjust the cooking time based on the meat cut you choose.
- Incorporate fruits for sweetness - Consider incorporating fruits like apples or pineapple into your slow cooker pork loin recipe. The natural sugars from these fruits will caramelize as they cook, adding a delightful flavor to the savory pork.
Our air fryer baby back ribs could also be done in the slow cooker if you have more time and want the meat to fall off the bone.
Top tip: Before cooking your pork loin roast, take a moment to trim any excess fat from the meat. This will help prevent an overly greasy texture and allow other flavors to penetrate the roast more effectively.
- Ensure the pork loin fits in the slow cooker with a little space around it. You may need to cut it to size when using a small crock pot.
- For a deeper flavor, marinate the pork loin in the sauce for 1-2 hours or overnight before placing it in the slow cooker.
- Sear the pork loin in a hot skillet before placing it in the slow cooker to add a caramelized crust.
- Adjust the cooking time based on your slow cooker's settings and the thickness of the pork loin. It should be cooked until tender and reaches the recommended internal temperature of 145ºF.
For a classic pairing, try roasted vegetables like potatoes, carrots, or cabbage steaks in the oven. The natural sweetness of the vegetables helps balance out any savory flavors in the dish.
For a more vibrant option, consider serving your slow cooker pork loin with a side salad. A berry salad is perfect for summer, or try a Greek chopped salad to add Mediterranean flavor. Consider serving your slow cooker pork loin with a side salad for a more vibrant option.
Once cooled, transfer the meat to an airtight container or wrap it tightly in aluminum foil or plastic wrap. You can also store the meat with some of the cooking liquid to help retain moisture.
Place the container or wrapped pork loin in the refrigerator for up 4 days. If you plan on keeping it longer, freezing is a great option. Simply place it in a freezer-safe bag or container and place it in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Want to try more small-batch crock pot recipes? Here are some of our favorites:
- Crockpot chicken for tacos is an effortless way to cook your meat.
- Macaroni and cheese crockpot recipe is a kid-friendly favorite.
- Chili for two is perfect for busy days.
- Buffalo chicken dip crock pot recipe makes the perfect amount for two.
Slow Cooker Pork Loin
- 1 pound pork loin excess fat removed (cut to fit the slow cooker, if needed)
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary chopped
- Place the pork loin in the slow cooker.
- Season all sides of pork loin generously with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, honey, olive oil, orange juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic and chopped fresh rosemary.
- Pour the sauce over the pork loin in the slow cooker, ensuring it is evenly coated.
- Cook on low heat for 6-8 hours or on high heat for 3-4 hours, until the pork is tender and reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit (63 degrees Celsius).
- Occasionally baste the pork loin with the sauce during the cooking process for extra flavor and moisture. If the sauce starts drying, add a splash of water to the pot.
- Once cooked, remove the pork loin from the slow cooker and let it rest for 10-15 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the pork loin and serve with the sauce drizzled over the top, garnish with rosemary sprigs, optionally.