Try the delicious and easy air fryer garlic bread recipe! These crispy, flavorful bread slices are ready in minutes for any occasion.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread is a delicious and easy way to add flavor and crunch to any meal. This simple recipe uses just a few ingredients that you likely already have in your kitchen. The result is a golden, buttery garlic bread with an irresistibly crunchy outer crust.
This recipe is as easy as combining softened butter with garlic, parsley, and shredded parmesan cheese before spreading it on slices of bread. You then put the pieces into your air fryer for about five minutes until they’re golden brown. The results are similar in texture to traditional oven-baked garlic bread but require much less time and effort.
Making garlic bread in an air fryer is a delicious, quick, and easy way to make a classic Italian dish. With the right ingredients and some time in the air fryer, anyone can make a delicious version of garlic bread that their family will love.
Whether you’re serving it as part of an appetizer or as the main course for dinner, there are certain ingredients that you need to have on hand before starting the process.
For this particular recipe, these are the ingredients you will need:
- Unsalted butter
- Fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
See recipe card for quantities.
To begin, choose your favorite loaf of bread from either white or wheat varieties. We like to use a French baguette loaf.
Then, pre-heat your air fryer to 300°F and set the cook time to five minutes.
Add softened unsalted butter to a small bowl.
Add chopped fresh parsley to butter.
Add freshly grated parmesan cheese to the butter and parsley.
Spread a generous amount of garlic butter mixture on top of each bread slice.
Place the tray or air fryer basket with garlic bread in the air fryer after it reaches the preheated temperature. Once the top slice is slightly golden or after 3 minutes, turn each piece. Continue to air fry until the set time has been reached.
You can take your air fryer garlic bread experience to the next level with a few simple variations.
- Add more herbs and spices like parsley, oregano, or basil for an extra kick of flavor.
- Try different kinds of cheese such as mozzarella or asiago
- Experiment with different types of bread, such as sourdough or focaccia.
- Give it some spice. If you prefer your garlic bread on the spicy side, you could top it off with crushed red pepper flakes or jalapeños before baking it in the air fryer.
- Preheat your air fryer. This will ensure that your bread cooks evenly without burning or drying out.
- Use freshly grated parmesan and garlic. Fresh ingredients will result in a smoother butter spread.
- Avoid canned Parmesan cheese. Store-bought canned grated Parmesan cheese can be used, but it will give a grainy texture.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread is a quick, delicious way to add crunchy, garlic-infused flavor to any meal. Not only is this dish a great side dish at dinner or lunch, but it also can be eaten as an appetizer or snack.
To store leftover garlic bread, wrap it in aluminum foil and place it in an airtight container. This will help keep the bread fresh and prevent it from drying out.
If you don't have an airtight container, you can also wrap the bread tightly in plastic wrap or place it in a resealable plastic bag. Make sure there's no air left inside the bag or container, as this can cause the bread to dry out quickly.
You can also freeze leftover garlic bread if you don't plan on eating it within a few days. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and place it in a freezer-safe container or bag before putting it in the freezer. This will help preserve its flavor and texture for up to three months.
Garlic bread typically takes around 5 minutes to cook in an air fryer.
Yes, you can heat garlic bread in an air fryer. Air fryers are great for making crispy, crunchy foods like garlic bread.
The temperature for cooking frozen garlic bread in an air fryer will depend on the garlic bread you use. Generally, it is recommended to set your air fryer to 400°F and cook it for 8-10 minutes.
If you are looking for more small-batch bread recipes, give one of the following a try too.
- Yeast rolls for beginners are perfect for experimenting with yeast bread.
- Buttermilk biscuits are a tasty side to serve with dinner for two.
- This small-batch cornbread won't leave you with a lot of leftovers.
Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- 4 slices baguette loaf sliced diagonally
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley chopped
- 2 cloves fresh garlic grated
- ⅛ cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- pinch of kosher salt
- Pre-heat Air Fryer to 300°F. Set at 5 minutes.
- Mix butter, garlic, parmesan, salt, and parsley in a small bowl.
- Spread a generous amount of mixture on top of each slice of baguette.
- Spread a minimal mixture at the bottom side of each slice. If you spread too much, the spread will be crunchy and uneven as it mimics the Air Fryer’s perforated cooking tray.
- Gently place each slice of baguette onto the Air Fryer tray.
- Insert the air fryer tray or basket into the pre-heated air fryer. Use the middle cooking chamber (if available).
- Once the top slice is slightly golden or after 3 minutes, turn each slice.
- The Air Fryer will stop after 5 minutes. Carefully remove the air fryer tray and allow it to cool for a minute or so.
- Serve immediately and enjoy as is or with your favorite pasta, soup, or stew.