Want a delicious, yet portioned-down, quick bread recipe? This mini banana bread loaf is perfect for two people (or one very hungry person). Made with just a few simple ingredients, this banana bread is moist, flavorful and comes together in about 35 minutes.
Want to save this post?
Enter your email below and get it sent straight to your inbox. Plus, I'll send you the latest recipes and tips every week!
Why make a big bread loaf if you're just baking for two?
That's what's so great about this recipe. It makes one mini loaf of banana bread that can serve two people.
Like our single serve apple pie, it is perfect for when you want a sweet snack or dessert without a lot of leftovers.
The best part about this recipe is that it only takes a few minutes to prepare before baking and you only need a few ingredients.
This small batch banana bread comes together with just a few simple ingredients. You likely already have everything you need.
You'll need the following on hand to make the recipe.
- Ripe banana
- Unsalted butter
- Raw sugar or brown sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Baking soda
See recipe card for quantities.
Add the banana, softened butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt, and egg to a blender container.
Blend initial ingredients together in blender until smooth.
Add the remaining flour and baking soda.
Pulse in the flour and baking soda until just combined.
Pour the batter into a lined mini loaf pan and bake until browned on top and cooked through.
Remove from the oven and cool on wire rack before removing from pan. Place loaf on a plate to serve.
Looking for a way to change up your small banana bread recipe? Why not try adding chocolate chips or nuts? This will give your bread a new flavor and texture that you and your family will love.
If you're looking for something a little sweeter, chocolate chips are the way to go. You can add them to the batter before baking, or sprinkle them on top of the bread after it comes out of the oven.
For a crunchier bread, try adding chopped nuts like walnuts or pecans. Both chocolate chips and nuts will add a delicious touch to your banana bread.
Here are a few tips to make the best mini banana bread:
- Always use ripe bananas. The key to making the best banana bread is to use spotty ripe bananas. They provide the most flavor and sweetness, and will make your loaf extra moist.
- Be careful not to over blend the ingredients. Overmixing the batter too much can in a tough texture.
- Use a parchment paper liner. For a quick and easy release from the pan, be sure to alway line your mini loaf pans with parchment paper.
This mini banana bread is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a snack.
One way to enjoy your mini banana bread is by toasting a slice and spreading some butter on top. This makes for a delicious and easy breakfast or snack.
If you're feeling fancy, you could try making a dessert trifle by layering sliced bananas, diced banana bread, and caramel in a jar or glass. Or try making bourbon and vanilla French toast for a special breakfast or brunch.
Another fun way to banana bread is by turning it into ice cream sandwiches! Simply take two slices of the bread, spread your favorite ice cream in the middle, and enjoy.
You can also serve it with other sweet breads like a lemon blueberry poppy seed loaf to enjoy at brunch. These are just a few ideas - get creative and have fun!
You can store banana bread at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. If you want to keep it longer, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
To make the recipe, you will need a mini loaf pan, a spotty ripe banana, flour, sugar, butter, egg, and baking powder. You can also add a little cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt to enhance the flavor.
For short-term storage, you can keep it at room temperature in a covered container or wrapped in foil for up to 3 days. For longer storage, you can freeze banana bread in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
Over-baking is the most common cause of dry bread. Make sure to check your bread early and often to avoid over-baking. Other causes of dry banana bread can include using too little fat, not enough banana, or using a lower quality flour.
For a few more mini size desserts, check out some of our other recipes.
Mini Banana Bread
- 1 small ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 3 tablespoons raw sugar or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line one 8x4-inch pan or two mini loaf pans with parchment paper, leaving extra hanging from the sides so you can pull the bread later, or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the banana, butter, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and egg to a blender jug. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining ingredients, flour and baking soda and pulse just to combine.
- Pour the banana bread into the loaf pan and bake for 25 to 35 minutes until browned on top and cooked through. Check doneness by inserting a toothpick in the center and it should come out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes before pulling it out of the pan.
- Once cooled down a bit, pull the bread carefully with the hanging paper from the loaf pan, place it on a plate and enjoy.